Volunteer tourism in Gilgit-Baltistan offers a unique opportunity to contribute to the local community while experiencing the rich culture, stunning landscapes, and warm hospitality of the region.
Hunza Valley, is a place where the stunning natural beauty of mountains, rivers, and forests harmoniously co-exists with a community of hardworking, education-driven, and progressive locals who exemplify cultural acceptance and openness to change. In addition to its breathtaking landscapes, Hunza is renowned for the longevity and health of its people.
Ghizer, an enchanting valley adorned with beautiful lakes, is not only home to the legendary Shandur Polo Ground, the world's highest polo ground, but also to a community of education-loving people who cherish their rich cultural heritage. It is a serene place known to explorers for swimming, fishing, and camping.
Skardu, nestled amidst breathtaking mountains, desert plains, and rivers, serves as a thriving hub for tourism and is home to its famously hospitable people. The mountainous terrain of the region includes four of the world's 14 eight-thousander peaks, attracting tourists, hikers, trekkers, and mountaineers from around the world.
We are excited to welcome you to Gilgit-Baltistan and delighted to provide the best accommodation
to our volunteer tourists in Hunza, Ghizer, and Skardu.
How It Works
Frequently Asked Questions
- Volunteer tourism, also known as voluntourism, is a form of travel where individuals contribute their time and skills to support community projects or environmental initiatives in various destinations around the world.
- Many volunteer opportunities are open to individuals with a wide range of skills and experience levels. Some volunteering opportunities may require specific skills. Opportunities descriptions on our website will specify any requirements.
- Currently we have opportunities available in the Education Sector.
- The duration of volunteering activities vary. Currently the available opportunities are 1-5 days long.
- Costs can include traveling costs, meals, and transportation. These costs may vary depending on the nature of your volunteering activity and location.
- Some projects offer free time, allowing you to explore the destination during your stay. You can also plan leisure travel before or after your volunteer project.
- Preparation involves obtaining necessary travel documents, vaccinations, packing appropriate clothing and gear, and learning about the local culture and customs.
- You can get involved by searching for volunteer opportunities on our website, selecting an opportunity that aligns with your interests, and following the application process to apply.
- At present, we are only offering accommodations to volunteers.
- Volunteers should be of legal age to participate in our programs. We believe in inclusivity and welcome volunteers with a passion for making a positive impact. Whether you’re a student, a professional, or a retiree, there are diverse opportunities available to contribute meaningfully to the communities in Gilgit-Baltistan.
Gilgit-Baltistan is notably secure, with a crime index of 0.107, much lower than cities like Karachi (55.8), Lahore (36.7), and Islamabad (31.4). Places like Hunza, Gilgit, and Skardu in GB have even lower crime indices of 0.106, 0.262, and 0.0611, respectively, emphasizing the region’s commitment to safety. GB’s stunning landscapes and cultural heritage make it an ideal spot for travelers seeking adventure and tranquility without compromising safety. While volunteer locations are generally safe, it’s essential to research the latest news, follow guidelines, and take precautions when visiting new places.
- To apply for a project, visit the opportunities page on the website and apply for the opportunity most relevant to your skill set.
- Currently, we are exclusively offering opportunities for individual volunteers.
If you have any questions, we’re here to answer them.